It’s virtually impossible to lose weight unless you are controlling your meal prep. But meal prep, when done inefficiently, can consume lots of time.The bad news is that many people unnecessarily spend way too much time in the kitchen.Thus, here is how to increase cooking speed:
1. Cook protein in bulk: You see, protein keeps very well once you cook it. Thus, you can prepare very large quantities and not sacrifice much taste or quality. This in turn will save you a lot of time as far as meal preparation goes.
2. Buy egg whites: Please do not spend your morning separating egg whites from egg yolks, it’s not worth it. In fact, the amount of money you will save is very small. You are far better off simply buying egg whites that come in cartons.
3. Purchase frozen roughage: Frozen greens keep very well and they can easily be prepared if you steam them. Even better, frozen greens do retain a lot of their nutrients despite going through the freezing process. So don’t be afraid of frozen greens.
4. Get a crock-pot: They are not expensive and can save you lots of time in terms of meal prep. Even better, a lot of the newer models have many advanced functions that make automated cooking even easier. So get yourself one today.
5. Purchase frozen protein sources: The main problem with protein is that it’s very expensive and it perishes very quickly. And a great way around this is to buy frozen protein. It tends to be cheaper and it also tends to taste relatively well.
6. Steam as much as possible: You see steaming food is very healthy, but it’s also very fast. And with bag steamers you can literally steam anything in your microwave. This takes a lot of prep time out of meal preparation.
Avoiding slow cooking speeds is an excellent way to increase your chances of success. So take heed of this advice right now!